Thursday, November 21, 2013

Lung Cancer Awareness Month

November is Lung Cancer Awareness month.
The following things I am talking about it not for the sympathy or anything else other then to record it for me to look back on.  What has become the point of this blog is to record what is happening now in my life for me to look back on in the years coming.  

My grandpa was diagnosed with Lung Cancer on September 30, 2013.  Now this isn't something that was out of the blue, I knew that we had tests for it a year ago and was negative and was getting the test done again.  But still, that is a lot to take in and it isn't easy.  I already have one Grandpa watching over me in heaven who died of Melanoma.  So it's hard to think that I could lose my last living grandpa of cancer also.  I definitely have hope that because we found this cancer so early on that it can be defeated.  But with his Dementia and just aging in general, this is even harder on him.

So today, I wear white/pearl/clear for lung cancer awareness.  
My colleges relay for life has put posters up about wearing white on this day, I'm not sure if it's just something we are doing because of the month or not.

Happy November & Lung Cancer Awareness month!

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment as long as it's sweet (:

Popular Posts



Jamie’s Journey Through Life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved