Thursday, February 13, 2014

This Generation

Our generation...the generation that I am apart of...is the technology generation.  Now, I'm not saying that is a bad thing.  There is many things that we can easily do and technology helps us a ton.  Easily from your phone can look up directions or the weather, stay connected to others via social networking or search the web.

But our generation also is always on these smart phones.  For example, I was sitting in one of my classes waiting for the professor to arrive and class to begin.  You want to know what EVERY.SINGLE. student was doing?  On their cell phones..Surprise surprise?!

And in that moment I couldn't help but think that this is this generation.  And it's sad.  And i'm not saying that I ain't one of these students or that i'm not apart of this.  Because honestly, it's sometimes hard to go that hour and fifteen minute class without checking my phone.  Me and my generation have grown up with all this technology and in some ways I think we crave this technology.

But what my whole point of this post is to say that sometimes we need that break from technology.  Honestly, it is good for me to step back, pay attention to class and not use my phone for a whole hour and fifteen minutes.  Because, honestly, it is very sad if I can't do this.

So this is a good reminder for me, but maybe also you! :)

2 Sweet Comments:

Her Preppiness said...

So true

Lauren said...

I couldn't agree more! I need to start doing that! I nominated you for the Liesbter Award. You can find out more about it here: http://littleliongal.blogspot.com/2014/02/100th-blog-post-and-award.html

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment as long as it's sweet (:

Popular Posts



Jamie’s Journey Through Life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved