Sunday, March 9, 2014

One Week

It has been one week since Grandpa passed away.  A week ago about this time I went and saw Grandpa for the last time.  It was really hard to see that he was really not there, and just knowing that he would pass away any moment.  I was just waiting for that call, about 5:30pm a week ago he passed away.

It's hard to believe it's been a week.  Even though I knew he would not be around for much longer, it didn't make all this any easier.  And this past week has been a busy and emotional week.  From trying to figure out making up work and school to mourning the loss to getting through a funeral to helping grandma out around the house.  It's been a hard week.  But throughout the whole week I found myself thinking about grandpa and looking up into the sky.  Feeling grandpa's presence throughout everything.  I thought multiple times how he was probably looking down and smiling at different moments.  I know he is up there watching over me.  And how much happier he probably is to be out of pain.  He is up there with God, his baby that was stillborn, his parents, his brother and many others.  He is in peace and out of pain.  And that makes things better.

I know that there will always feel like something missing with him being gone and I won't ever get over missing him.  I will always love and miss him.  This week I kept thinking of moments/memories with him and I just smile and laugh.  I'm hoping to type up a post of these memories so I always have them.

All of this is hard, but i'm also at peace about everything.

Now I have a question for you all.  I keep thinking about getting something that I can wear/carry with me all the time in memory of my grandpa.  I know some people would get a tattoo but that isn't for me.  Anyone have any ideas?  Like a necklace or something?  I'd love any suggestions!

Hopefully this week we can get back to kinda normal blogging!  Have a great week :)  

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment as long as it's sweet (:

Popular Posts



Jamie’s Journey Through Life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved