Monday, May 19, 2014

Survived First Year Of College

This was written Wednesday 5/14!  Meant to post it sooner but here it is!

Here I lay at 10:24pm on my last full day of freshman year of college and though I should be getting some before my 8:30am final I am writing my thoughts about this year!
It's been such a crazy Freshman year and though it feels like it went by slowly, it's hard to believe it's over already!  It's been such a great year and I've grown in so many ways.  I've gained my independence and loved almost every second of it.  I've learned your roommate may not necessarily become your best friend. (Though with my soon to be roommate I can see us on that path, and I'm very very thankful for that!).  I've also learned not to worry about others.  That you will go through many friends to find the right ones.  That the best things happen spontaneously.  To make memories and enjoy them.  That you will never know what's going to happen.  That some people have yet to learn to grow up and don't understand what it means to have to work.  That some people are going to try to use you to buy them things and give rides.  That I'm thankful Walmart is just up the street.  That you need to make time for family and death is apart of life.  That it's always nice to go home.  That free laundry is the best.  And there is no greater feeling then going back home and having your dog and half brother coming running to greet you!

It's been such an amazing year and I'm so excited to see what next year brings.  I'm going to miss all my friends here and my independence but I have a feeling that it will be nice to be home for the summer :)

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment as long as it's sweet (:

Popular Posts



Jamie’s Journey Through Life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved