Sunday, August 3, 2014

Baby Names -- Hayley's Guest Post

Hello Everyone & Happy Sunday!  For the next week I will be having guest bloggers on my blog while i'm away on vacation!  The first guest blogger is Hayley, who runs The Name Nook with me!  For those of you don't know what The Name Nook is it is a baby name blog that we talk about all things Baby Names!  Me, Hayley and 4 other ladies post biweekly on there and there is also a Name Of The Week every week along with a Baby Name Game!  We hope you all check out The Name Nook!  It is something that we put a lot of work and pride into and instead of me just talking about the blog I wanted Hayley to share with love with names and a little background on it!  Hope you enjoy and come back the rest of the week for more guest posts, you don't want to miss it!!!  Enjoy!
Thanks to Hayley for her post today!
------------

Hey Everyone!

My name is Hayley and I’m here because Jamie asked me to write a guest post for her blog. First, a little about me! I’m a Canadian girl and a full time student working on finishing up my BA (majoring in politics, minoring in gender studies). In the summer, I work as a children’s programming coordinator at art gallery and coach soccer. Eventually, I’d like to go into social work and work in a hospital, or work for an NGO. Most importantly (for this blog post at least) I absolutely LOVE names!!


This love of names is how I came to be friends with Jamie. I met Jams over three years ago on various naming websites and we eventually became good friends and co writers on a baby name blog (along with 4 other awesome girls!). Names have been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember. As a little girl when my grandmother read me the Little House on the Prairie series, I wished my name had been Laura. As I grew up, the information behind names began to fascinate me. I adore languages and words and names seemed like a natural extension of this. Despite still being over 5 years from having kids, I’ve had top names lists for the past 7 or 8 years!! My style has changed a lot as I’ve grown up and lately, I’ve been loving popular but sassy names. This means I’m loving a lot of unisex girl names and boy names with cool nicknames. Currently, my top favorites are Peyton Claire, Harper Alison and Lyla Paige for girls and then Jacob Douglas, Nolan Isaac and Cooper Alty for boys, but I’m sure my style will go through a shift again before the year is up! Remember to check out our blog for all different kinds of names, there’s definitely something for everyone! 

0 Sweet Comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment as long as it's sweet (:

Popular Posts



Jamie’s Journey Through Life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved