Monday, March 2, 2015

One Year Mark

One year ago today was a very emotional day for me and my family.  It was an event that was the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with.  One year ago today I lost my Grandfather.  It's so hard to believe that it's been a year.  Feels like it was just yesterday, and I miss my grandpa more then anything.  Losing him was hard, harder then you could ever imagine.  
I remember parts of that day so vividly.  I remember how hard of a day it was with so many emotions.  How hard it was to go see Grandpa one last time and seeing how hard that was for Grandma and Dad.  I remember knowing that we would probably lose him that night.  And that heart sinking moment when I got that call from dad and knowing that this was the news it would be.

It didn't feel real then and even some times now it doesn't seem real either.  I will always love and miss my grandpa.  I think about him everyday and all the memories I got with him.  I know he's always with me and watching over me.  Hard to believe it's been a year already.  
At the end of the day I miss him a lot and just hope that I am making him proud<3The anniversary date of a loved one's death is particularly significant. You will have done something you thought was impossible a few months earlier. You will have survived an entire year without someone who was as important to you as life itself.

1 Sweet Comments:

stacey Schneller said...

I know how you feel in memorial day will mark 3 years of my grandfather's death. Till this day I miss him. Loosing a loved one is hard but then I think he is in a better place now and is always in my memories and looking down at me and knowing I have a Angel watching over me. Sorry for your loss just remember you will see him again not on earth but in heaven. Hope you have a good day.

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment as long as it's sweet (:

Popular Posts



Jamie’s Journey Through Life
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2013 • All Rights Reserved